Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Home Study for Adoption...

On Monday we had our home study visit with our adoption agency and they are about ready to submit to the state....That was way faster than we thought but we aren't complaint...btw for all of you out there that are reading this please know that even though we haven't been technically re-certified by the state yet we can still be picked by a birth mom....how you may ask?...well she would have to designate us...meaning our case worker would know that she wants us to be the parents of her baby...When we first went through this process a few years ago we didn't know this until I went to an adoption class where there was this couple that weren't even in the process of certifying but had a birthmother choose them and then they were just beginning their process with LDS Family...I am not sure if they were expedited a bit or not but i so that would have made sense.  So with this you can see why we are getting the word out to everyone that WE WANT TO ADOPT!!!


This past week I was released from my calling as a primary worker (I was a sunbeam teacher- 3 yr olds) at church and was called as a Sunday School teacher.  The Church is implementing a new program for the youth called Come Follow Me for this coming year.  I am really excited about this!  I have felt like these kids many times and as I have learned more about this new way of teaching and learning I have felt that this is exactly where I am supposed to be serving for sure!

Abbe had her first Band Concert this past week...She had a ton of fun...and WOW does she seem grown up! She did Awesome!

Abbe also had her first slumber party for her 12th birthday last week...they had a blast between all the 1- Direction singing, pizza eating and twister playing.


This week for FHE we watched the Christmas Devotional and made homemade pretzels from the Mel's kitchen cafe blog...they were soooo good!  I have to confess James made the dough!  I just helped roll them!

Lastly, Our Adoption Cards came in last week and they turned out AMAZING!!! I am so excited to give more of these out!




1 comment:

Our Abundant Life said...

Friend... can I just say that I am so happy you are back :-) I hope and pray your baby will be in your arms soon... very soon!!

What's mine is yours...

Amazing Birth-mother video of her placement....

Such a Time as this...