Friday, December 7, 2012

Getting the word out... that we want to adopt!

Well we have had a busy few weeks since we decided to get ourselves re-certified for adoption...the good news is that it sounds that it may go WAY faster than we anticipated and many parts are able to be pulled up off our past information! I have been busy updating all of our paperwork...but as of this coming Monday all will be done on our end for it and then we get a visit from our caseworker to finish up our home study and we wait for the state to approve!!!  This has been going way faster than last time, that is for sure...but maybe it's because we have been around the block before....lol

Last night, I met up with an adoption group that I had been part of last year.  Many of the girls that were in this adoptive group before have been placed with and have moved away with exception to one I knew before...It was fun to get out and be able to talk about everything that has gone on since and I got to meet a bunch of new women I had never met...some placed with and some that just literally got certified.  What I did realize after last night was that I needed to get new pass-a-long cards!  I was thinking I would wait to have these made again until we got certified again so we could have our parent profile link on it, but after last night I realized that was just stupid!  I mean seriously a birth-mom can still pick us before we are fully certified (they just have to designate that they choose us with LDS Family Services) and someone could know of a situation and if people don't know they won't know to tell them we are looking to adopt.  So with that I created and ordered some today...Here is a sneak peak but I wish I could show the back to you too since it will have some picts on it too...oh well...lol


This past weekend we got to have a fun adventure with my family and were in Tucson for the Weekend.  My Uncle was receiving an award and we got to visit with everyone including my sister Mandi who lives in St. Louis now and a bunch of my family that also lives there.  It was absolutely gorgeous with the weather...none of us were complaining that is for sure! 
We even got to get dressed up!  


This week James and I went shooting....He usually goes without me since he likes to go hunt and that is way to early in the morning for this night owl and I am not the most fun person when I have to sit and just wait and be quiet and do nothing but look in the desert for a possible animal, but this time we had an old TV and a bunch of junk that he had set aside to shoot in the desert.  It was a lot of fun!


Lastly, this week we had some Christmas fun with Abbe...We got some gingerbread houses and decorated them!  Abbe of course picked the one I had to assemble (a train one)...go figure...lol...after we joked about how James made the biggest mess in the end...he is usually teases Abbe and I to be careful and then he is the one that makes the mess. 




No comments:

What's mine is yours...

Amazing Birth-mother video of her placement....

Such a Time as this...