Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sad News...



So today our caseworker from LDS Family called me and informed us that K has changed her mind and has decided not to place with us...I am not sure how to feel...I feel a little numb at the moment...But I do know that the only feelings I feel is sad and hurt...I do not feel mad or angry with K at all...I know this must have been hard for her and I would never want someone to place with us or make the biggest decision of their life if they weren't 100% sure...I know she never meant to hurt us and that this is such a difficult time in her life.  I wish her nothing but happiness and I do already forgive her for this hurt we feel.  I hope she does find the right family for her baby and that her heart is eased during this time since I know it is so hard.  I know that everything happens for a reason in the big picture and eventually we may know why but we may not and that is ok too...

The hardest part was having to tell Abbe today that K changed her mind and that she wasn't going to have a brother...she so can't wait to have a brother or sister and I already had to deliver this type of news once before already and I am not sure if I can do it again after this one...It's one thing for my heart to hurt but its another to have to tell Abbe something that I know will make hers hurt too...this is a part that I truly detest about adoption, I guess it is like a miscarriage except with this your child feels rejected even when you try to explain it in a way so they don't feel like that...No one can understand what that is like unless they have been there and I would never wish that on anyone...

I am not sure why this is but do know that Heavenly Father has a plan and I guess this is just part of it...I am thankful that I at least was with James and not back in Phoenix yet and with him still in KC to find this out...I know that this "is what it is" and that is why when LDS Family said they were going to re-post our profile unless we wanted some time I said no re-post it...I want it up...I now know that the baby that Kristy is pregnant with was not supposed to be our son...it was not supposed to be and I don't want anything we do (like having our profile on hold) to keep our baby from coming to our family.

Lastly,  I know that everyone (church/family/friends) knows that we had been matched and I know it could be hard to know what to say to me...I don't expect you to know...and I would rather just have you know how I feel so you don't have to ask me questions... that is why I write through my blog because some of this stuff is really hard for me to talk about with everyone at church or friends that I don't talk to everyday but I am thankful I have all of you, even if I don't talk about my feelings re: this all the time with you....hurt is hard and it is one thing I don't ever like to talk about with others until I am way healed and ready...I don't like to feel needy...but at the same time I will say it helps to know you care...that's all you have to say...

12/10/12 Update:
I want you the reader to know that K did in fact reach out to us after this...after she had her son in October...she did still place...she felt horrible and so sorry for our anguish that we suffered when she decided not to place with us...she decided to place with another family because we lived so far away and she felt she would never be able to visit on her own accord...Of course we already had forgiven her...It meant alot to me that she was worried about us and reached out...I was sad that she felt so bad...I know that K and I were supposed to meet...Her son that she placed is in a wonderful LDS family in her state and because we met she was using the agency we referred her to...LDS Family Services.  K is doing well now...and I think she feels at peace with her decision as far as I know...I know this is where her little boy was supposed to be and wish her and her family nothing but the best.

I have also omitted some of the previous posts in my blog in relation to K since they no longer seem appropriate and so that a potential new birth-mother didn't think we were already placed with.

12 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Oh, Deanna. I am so sorry. What a shock! Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Jake and Terri said...

I'm so sorry. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry. You will be in my prayers!

Darlene S. Little said...

Dearest Loved Ones, Our Hearts Ache for You All, Deanna, James and Abbers.. This too shall pass.. We know it's very hard and like you said a miscarriage, which I said today when I got the news. Your In Our Prayers , I wrote this great affirmation today " I now choose to FREE Myself from ALL Destructive Fears and Doubts. I accept Myself and Create Peace In My Mind and Heart. I am Loved and I Am Safe. Remember You Are Loved and We Ache with YOU, As you go through this Loss. Love and Hugs and Special Prayers for YOU ALL <3

Judy Reed said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog about every step you're taking toward adoption. You see, I was blessed 23 years ago with my daughter, whom I got when she was 1 day old, so I know how precious adoption is.

I also know how heartbreaking the whole process can be. I've been exactly where you are, so I feel your pain as if it were my own. I am so sorry you're having to go through this, but you have the right attitude. Yes, it hurts now, but some day it won't. It doesn't make any sense right now, but some day it will. God has a plan, and we just have to be patient and open to his plan.

While I don't know you, I will keep you and your family in my prayers and hope that every little prayer sent to God for you helps ease your pain just a teeny bit.

Cortney Clegg said...

So, so sorry Deanna. Anxiously awaiting the little one that will surely come to your sweet family.

Jer and Cam said...

Deanna, I'm thinking of you! I know this is an excruciating trial to go through. I love your honesty and openess about what you're going through. You said it all so beautifully. Your wonderful perspective and attitude will see you through this and I know your family will be blessed!

Sally said...

Deanna, I'm so sorry. You have an amazing attitude. Adoption is a rough road. Can't wait to meet you and learn more from you.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your sad news. We are in the process of adoption so i have an extra tender spot for your story. You will be blessed with a baby! Heavenly Father has a sweet little one who is supposed to be yours. Good luck.

Unknown said...

I am behind on my blog reading. I am So sorry. Big hugs to you, James and Abbe

Tamara ViAnn said...

I am so so sorry. Don't give up, happiness will be yours... just give it time. Your little one will find you :).

janice said...

Hi Deanna,

my heart is with you is all i can say.

please know you, james, and abbe are in our prayers.

love, janice

What's mine is yours...

Amazing Birth-mother video of her placement....

Such a Time as this...