Monday, August 8, 2011

Attracting what I want....

I will have to say that even though our placement had failed in July I have still felt incredibly "Nesty" ...this is what my mom has said to me a couple times...I have to admit I feel like I have to get it done and now...Let me explain...All this summer when we thought we were going to be placed with, I was in Kansas City...away from home so I could never even start our baby's room...I had planned to do that this month...But then when we learned that our placement had turned into a failed placement I didn't have to endure the feelings that our nursery was missing that baby...I hope I am making sense...I mean when I think of the baby K was carrying I think of a baby named Axton (this was the name we chose for him) and he did not have a nursery yet so I don't have any feelings of sadness when I go into the room that we have planned for a baby to be in. I truly feel that the Lord planned it that way for me so that I wouldn't have any thoughts of a failed placement or furniture that was meant for him.

I have felt excited about this room and I have felt that their is an amazing girl out there right now that may even be reading this and that is carrying a baby and that this will be their baby's room...I know if I was her I would want to know that the family I was choosing was prepared for a baby...that this family couldn't wait to love and cherish them and that they thought of all the special details for their room and that they wanted it to be just perfect for them.

I am also a big believer in that we attract what we truly want in our lives and I have to make that room be what it is supposed to be...our baby's room...Abbe's sister's room or Abbe's brother's room...Then they will come...We just have to find them, by finding the wonderful woman who is caring for them... She will be one amazing strong, selfless, persevering woman...and I can not wait to meet her. 

I also have to say that when James and I were looking for cribs this summer I was really conflicted about which one...James had said well whatever crib we buy we aren't going to buy a different one later if we have a girl since we were supposed to be adopting a boy...for me this was soooo hard...I didn't want a boy crib for a girl later but I didn't want a boy in a girl crib...uhg...I am very picky and we had decided on a crib but were going to order it in August...I have to be honest I felt like I settled a bit and now I look back and I am thankful that we never ordered it because just this past week I found the MOST BEAUTIFUL crib ever!  A Corsican crib! They are heirloom cribs and people spend a fortune on them.  A lady on Craigslist was selling it and it is absolutely EXACTLY what I would want and perfect for a girl or boy and better yet I got it for an absolute steal and it looks new!  Full price these cribs are just insane!...  I still can't believe what I only had to pay for it for but I know I was supposed to find it and that all of my future babies are supposed to be in it...

I will for sure post picts as soon as I have it assembled in our house and with bedding that I like.  These picts are of it when it was in the lady's house that I bought it from...Of course I will be having a totally different looking room and way different bedding but at least you get to see the crib...At the top of the post are finials which I am going to order different ones than it has so they aren't pictured...This crib had custom ordered airplane finials since it normally has stars but if its a girl I think I want a girly finial...if you want to see the options just google Corsican finials and they are on their site and they can come in any finish.






Again, you must remember the room I set up will be wayyy cuter and this is just to look at the crib only...nothing will be hanging off of it like in the picture...lol


1 comment:

Danya said...

"Nesting" was one of my very favorite things to do as we "waited" for our Little Lady to come along. I totally got into the "if you build it they will come" mindset, LOL. So glad too since we only had 6 weeks to prep for her arrival! Could you imagine having the time or money to get 100% baby prepped in six weeks?! Um, no. LOL

What's mine is yours...

Amazing Birth-mother video of her placement....

Such a Time as this...