Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BIG News!!!


Ok, so some of you may be wondering why I have been so quiet on our blog here...especially since I have still been updating and writing on The LDS Adoption Connection blog...Well I had good reason for it because we have been communicating with a birth-mom!  We will just call her K for now, but after much talking she HAS CHOSEN US to be her baby's family!  I can't believe I am even writing this...well I am...I didn't want to say anything prematurely, so I stayed quiet...I was really nervous due to what happened last November...K actually told us last Wednesday that she wanted us to be the family she places with but I wanted to be sure and needed to have time to absorb ya know...It's not everyday that this happens! 

She found us on Parent Profiles!  So everyone I know if you are trying to find your birth-mom...get on parent profiles!  And update ALL your fields...it matters!

K first contacted us last Monday night and its a funny thing because just that day I was at LDS Family dropping off some new updated birthletter flyers for them and was talking with them and asking is there anything you think I could do more...We have a blog, we have flyers, we have pass along cards, I write for LDS Adoption Connection, I have our blog connected to all my emails, we have a blog button, I am in a adoptive Mom group....is there anything else I can do...I was feeling a little discouraged because we had not been contacted by any birthmothers with exception to what had happened in November...I was having a little pity party in my mind for a bit, even though I knew we only needed ONE birthmother to find us...and we didn't want just any birth-mother...we wanted Our baby's birth-mother..

..And then that night I got this note from parent profiles "Hi, I am looking for a family to adopt my unborn child. Im still looking through families but I just wanted you to know that you are my favorite so far. :) "  Talk about a Tender Mercy from the Lord...I will say I immediately recognized this and thanked my Heavenly Father for this....I didn't know if she would pick us but I did know he helped her do this at that very moment....I will always be grateful for that.  

So here is a little bit more about K...She is due in the fall which couldn't be any more perfect with James' work schedule...Not many Father's get the opportunity be with their baby and spend months at home with them when they are first born...I am so excited for James and I to share this...Abbe is excited too and has been praying for K every night... K lives in South Carolina, she has a southern accent even when she writes and loves country music and mexican food like we do...she also is way funny and sarcastic, like us! We don't know the baby's sex yet but will know here very soon...I think it is more exciting not knowing and then getting to find out with her...She is truly an amazing woman, who I already feel so much love for...She is so strong and courageous, so selfless and most of all trusts in the Lord.  We are so thankful to her and grateful for her...I can not express that enough...

p.s.  the picture is for K...

10 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so happy! I will continue to keep you and K in our prayers. Big hugs to K. What a courageous woman. I have 3 wonderful siblings because of women like her!

Carrie said...

I am so thrilled for your family!!! God is good. I will continue to pray for you and the birth mother. She is very brave.

Carrie

Our Abundant Life said...

Oh YAY!!! I am soooo soooo happy for yall!!! I wish you the very best with everything : )

Mrs Abbott said...

Oh, happy day! I am so excited for you and your family! Just think- a little one to love- in the Fall! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing... we will be praying for her and a healthy baby. Such exciting news!

Debbi

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Oh WOW! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

This child was meant for ya'll. I don't think I could have found better parents. I know that this is what the Lord wants. Like I said he brought us together. I am so thankful for ya'll. There are not enough words to describe the feeling.

PS: Staying up to date on your profiles really does matter. And thank you all for your kind words and prayers!!

"K" :)

Darlene S. Little said...

Woo Hoo we are so very very Happy For YOU, James and Abbers... Our Excitement is hard to contain.. So Sweet A Blessing To YOU All and Us All, Can't wait for More Info...and YES the Right Time, The Right Place, The Right Family " The Little's" The Right Blessing all in Heavenly Father's Right Time <3 May you be blessed in everyway as you go through this sweet experience and may we All Grow Together, Stronger Now, Always and Forever <3

Timmy, Kris, Ezra & Ainsley said...

Hooray!!! I love adoption!!! Can't wait to talk about things more with you! Congratulations... and your birth mom sounds amazing!!!

Stacey said...

I am so excited for you guys!

What's mine is yours...

Amazing Birth-mother video of her placement....

Such a Time as this...